How to Multitask
How to multitask and how do you know when not to multitask? With so
much to do it is easy to bounce around. Learning time management skills
is a plus, along with using apps for iPhone and Android apps.
Multitasking depends on your ability to do so. Some people can multitask
better than others, so it is important for you
find out how you work best.
Analyze your strengths and your weeknesses. You will find that it is
better to multitask two (or more) strengths than a strength with a
Here are the how to and other tips to multitask:
- Know your technology, let it work for you. Find free mobile apps. Use apps for iphone or android apps that make things easier. I now do not mind waiting in line. With these apps I have the opportunity to get things done.
Be careful and focus on what you need. It is easy to loose a lot of precious time playing with technology and apps.
- Use the software and hardware tools available in your office. Things like instant messaging to get an instant answer when you are on the phone with a client, sales tracking software, etc. When we resist using these tools we tend to spend more time resisting than what it would take to learn it and use it.
Remember keep focused on things that will save you time.
- Prioritize what needs to be done. Many of us tend to work on the easiest things first. If the most important thing seems daunting and/or will take a lot of time then break the item down into smaller tasks.
- Organize in advance. Decide what 2 or 3 things you will work on tomorrow morning. Get ready what you will need the night before. For me, the best way to multitask is to work on one item at a time for a certain duration, then alternate to the next item. I go back and forth between 2 - 3 items. Find what works for you.
- Know when to focus. There are times when you need to completely focus on one are of responsibility. There are times when we need to give an activity or task all our time, attention and focus. For example, if you are on a call with a client, should you be checking and answering email at the same time? Avoid spending all your time in 'check mode' Did the client respond yet to my email? Let me check. Did they leave me a voicemail? Let me check.
Instead take time to focus on your top important task.
- Use the support team you have available - You do not have to do everything yourself. Build your internal team
The best way to learn how to multitask is to figure out what is working
for you and what is not working. You can then make adjustments.
Use apps for iPhone and Android apps.
Take the time to figure out what works for you. When do you focus best? Use that time for more complicated tasks
Plan ahead. For example, You have a doctor's appointment. What can I work on during that 5 - 30 minute wait.
To top of How to Multitask
How to Multitask to Time Management in the Workplace
Multitask - How to back to Sales Training for Business