Bottling up or Holding on to our emotions
One of the stressors that is on top of the list is holding onto our emotions. When we loose a sale or we can't get the prospect to commit we can become frustrated, anxious, worried, mad, negative, depressed, etc. We just push these emotions down, put a smile on our face and keep going. The stress keeps building
There are ways to release stressors
- Listen to upbeat music. Dance to it and/or sing along
- Write in a journal and dump all the negative emotion. Do not judge what you write. You do not even need to reread it. Include what happened, how it makes you feel and what your next step is going to be.
- Communicate - Instead of holding onto the emotion, deal with the situation immediately in a constructive, professional way. Communicate your concerns, frustration, etc. Use Emotional Intelligence to be self aware & to self manage.
- Physical activity - Take a walk, do yoga, go to the gym, sign up for a zumba class etc. It is a great way to reduce stress. The key is focus on the activity while doing the activity.
- Breathe - Stop and take deep cleansing breaths. Exhale completely & inhale completely